Metafoodx Technologies (“Metafoodx,” "Company," “we,” “our,” and/or “us”)respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through ourcompliance with this policy.
Last Updated: 07/02/2023
What’s in this policy?
For the individuals described above, this notice explains how we collect, use, and share information from your use of our Services.
Please note that this policy does not apply to information collected through any other website operated by any third party. Additionally, any third-party application or content (including advertisements) that may link to or be accessible from this website is also not covered by this policy. This policy is not intended to override the terms of any contract you have with us, nor any rights you may have under other applicable data privacy laws.
1. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect
We collect information when you provide it to us, when you use our services, and when other sources provide it to us, as outlined below.
Information You Provide to Us
Personal Basic Information: When you make inquiries about us through our “Contact Us” pages, we may ask for your first and last name, email address, job title, company name, and any other information you decide to include in the message box.
Communication Information: If you contact us directly, we receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us for support or partnership opportunities, we will receive any information you choose to provide. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Employment Information: If you express an interest in a job opportunity with us, we may collect personal information from you, including the information you provide on your resume, such as your education and work experience. We may also collect the information you provide through a job application submission form provided by a third-party service provider. This information may include your resume, links to other online profiles, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
As you explore and engage with our website, we may utilize automated data collection technologies to gather specific details about your equipment, browsing behavior, and tendencies, which may include:
- Usage Information. We collect information regarding your visits to our website, such as traffic data, location data, logs, communication data, and the resources you utilize and access on the website.
- Device Information. We collect information regarding your computer and internet connection, such as your browser type, operating system, and IP address.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
You may set your browser to block unwanted cookies. The following resources contain instructions for you to manage cookies on different browsers:
Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from our Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Services to their fullest potential.
Does Our Food Sensor Device Collect any Sensitive Information?
No. The Food Sensor Device offered by our company operates through the use of advanced camera and weight measurement technology. The primary purpose of the Device is to monitor and track basic food consumption patterns in an efficient and reliable manner.
The cameras integrated into the Food Sensor Device are strategically positioned facing toward the food items and placed in close proximity to the same, thereby ensuring that no facial features are captured during the course of operation. In the event the food operator's hands come within the purview of the camera, the system will automatically stop the camera to prevent any inadvertent capturing of personal information or data. These measures are implemented to safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of individuals utilizing the device.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
User Content Information: You may also post photos, comments, or reviews on our pages available through third-party platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn. If you do so, we and other users may be able to view the information you make available through these third-party platforms.
Other Information: We may receive additional information about you from third parties, such as data or marketing partners, and combine it with other information we have about you.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services.
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support.
- To personalize your experience on our Services.
- To generate analytics about how users interact with our Services.
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise.
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the marketing email. You may also contact us at email@example.com to opt out of marketing.
3. How We Share the Information We Collect
- With third-party contractors, service providers, and other vendors that support our business. They are bound by confidentiality agreements and may only use personal information for the purposes for which we disclosed it to them. The third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
- Google Analytics
We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information.
- For any other purpose, we disclosed to you when you provided the information.
- In connection with a sale, merger, liquidation or other business transfer.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including government or regulatory requests.
- If we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The categories of personal information that we may disclose include information you provide to us, the information we collect automatically, and the information obtained from other sources.
We may share or otherwise disclose information we collect from or about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection.
4. For EU/EEA Users
In such cases where the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is applicable to Metafoodx in accordance with the law, the information and the rights specified in this section are available to users residing in the EU/EEA region.
The GDPR distinguishes between a “controller” and a “processor” (or similar terms). We are a “controller” for those Services where we make decisions on how personal information is used in connection with our Services, and we are a “processor” for those Services where we only use personal information as allowed by our customers.
Purposes For Which We Will Use Your Personal Data
Below, We describe how we plan to use your personal data and which legal bases we rely on. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out below.
- Purpose/Activity: To contact you directly upon your request.
Type of data: (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile
Lawful basis for processing (including basis of legitimate interest): Necessary for your legitimate interest (to be informed about our product and services.)
- Purpose/Activity: To log in to your portal.
Type of data: (a) Identity (b) Contact
Lawful basis for processing (including basis of legitimate interest): (a) Performance of a contract with you; (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation; (c)Necessary for your legitimate interests (to login to our portal and use our service)
Type of data: (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile
Lawful basis for processing (including basis of legitimate interest): Performance of a contract with you; Necessary to comply with a legal obligation; Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
- Purpose/Activity: To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).
Type of data: (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical
Lawful basis for processing (including basis of legitimate interest): Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise); Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Purpose/Activity: To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships, and experiences.
Type of data: (a) Technical (b) Usage
Lawful basis for processing (including basis of legitimate interest): Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business, and to inform our marketing strategy)
Your Rights and Choices
The GDPR provides consumers (EU/EEA residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your GDPR rights. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to Personal Information — You have the right to obtain confirmation from us that we process your personal information and, if so, you may have the right to request access to your personal information.
- Rectification of Personal Information — You have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal information completed.
- Erasure/Deletion — You have the right to request us to erase some or all of the personal information concerning you.
- Restriction of Processing — You have the right to request us to restrict the further processing of your personal information. In such cases, the respective information will be marked as restricted, and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Object to Processing — You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information by us. We may be required to no longer process some or all of your personal information.
- Object to Direct Marketing — You have the right to object to the processing of personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to Decision Based Solely on Automated Processing — You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing where the decision has a significant legal impact on you.
- Data Portability — You have the right to receive a copy of your personal information which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you have the right to request the transfer of that personal information to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Withdraw Consent — You have the right to withdraw consent you have provided to us where we rely solely on your consent to process your personal information. You can always provide your consent to us again at a later time. Please note that the withdrawal will not affect the processing of data based on prior consent.
- Right to Complain — You have the right to lodge a complaint to an applicable supervisory authority or other regulators if you are not satisfied with our responses to your requests or how we manage your personal information. A list of and more information about the EU/EEA Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. We encourage you to first or also reach out to us at email@example.com, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly.
5. For California Consumers
In such cases where the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) are applicable to Metafoodx in accordance with the law, the information and the rights specified in this section are available to users residing in California.
We collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months: Identifiers; Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)); Internet or other similar network activity; Sensory data; and Professional or employment-related information.
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights. To exercise any of these rights or to appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that the Company disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclose your personal information for a business purpose, we will identify the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that the Company delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out Rights
We do not knowingly sell your personal information. Yet, our use of tracking technologies may be considered a “sale”/“sharing” under California law. To opt-out of sale on this website, please send an email to email@example.com.
Processing Sensitive Data Opt-Out Rights
We do not knowingly process your sensitive personal data. In any case, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on what exact information we have collected from you and how you can exercise your rights on the website.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for like-goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of like-goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for like-goods or services or a different level or quality of like-goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our websites, other products, services and platforms that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Do Not Track
We do not respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking (Do-Not-Track).
6. Data Retention and Security
We will retain your personal data, including any correspondence you have with us, only for as long as necessary for the purpose of this policy, including retaining personal data in order to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, for information security purposes, and to enforce our legal rights, terms, and policies.
If we do not have a valid reason to continue processing your personal information, we will take one of the following actions: delete or anonymize the information. In cases where deletion or anonymization is not possible, such as when personal information is stored in backup archives, we will store your information securely and isolate it from any further processing until it can be deleted.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
7. Children’s Privacy
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. International Transfer
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, please note that we may transfer your data to organizations based in countries that have not been granted an adequacy decision under the General Data Protection Regulation. Where data is transferred to such countries, we shall ensure specific safeguards, such as Standard Contractual Clauses, according to Article 46 of the GDPR. If you are located in the U.S., we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with the storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including information from or about you or your devices, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
10. Contact Information
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Metafoodx Technologies, 160 E. Tasman Dr. Suite 105, San Jose, CA 95134.